Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Birchbox...have you heard?

So, a few months ago I started reading this style/fashion/beauty blog, The Small Things, because I saw one of her hair styles on Pinterest and I was instantly hooked. I love her hair tutorials! She makes things look so easy and I have actually tried quite a few of them and have succeeded in looking pretty good : ) One of the things that she blogged about was Birchbox. I had never heard of this before but I was intrigued. I checked out the website, http://www.birchbox.com/ and I decided to sign up. I paid for my subscription and each month I receive a small box full of samples of beauty and lifestyle products. You can then go to the Birchbox website and order the products. The first box I got I was less than thrilled. It was a Teen Vogue prom version. I am no teenager and was not too excited about what was in the box. I did get a full size bottle of Essie gold sparkle nail polish that my girls are pretty happy about and a cute hair tie (that I probably shouldn't wear because I'm too old but at least I have 4 little girls to use it !) Then, this week I received my newest Birchbox and I'm super excited! Now, I am absolutely no beauty/fashion/style expert but I decided to share with you what was in the box and my thoughts on the products. So, here goes.


This is what it looks like...
and this is what I found inside...
I couldn't wait to see what was in there! The first thing I picked up was the Atelier Cologne - Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue and I LOVED it! When I find a perfume that I like I generally stick with it for a long time but this one could make me change my scent soon.


The next item was Olìe Biologique Huile Moderne.
I wasn't really sure what this was or what to do with it either. It is a blend of essential oils that can be used on your face, body and hair. If anyone has a clue how to use this, please let me know! 

There were also 2 tea bags in the box this time. 
 They are 2 different green tea blends but I couldn't tell you what kind because all of the writing is French, lol. I'll just have to hope they're good : )


There was a big box containing skin care samples. There were 2 packets of cleanser and 3 packets of moisturizer with SPF. I have to say, I'm a little nervous to try these as my sister already has me on a skin care regimen and I'm afraid that changing things might cause a breakout but I am almost out of moisturizer so I might not have any choice. The product line is called Befine so we will see how it goes!


The last item in the box was Revolution Organics - Freedom Glow Beauty Balm

This can be used on cheeks, eyelids and lips. I was a bit skeptical but I tried it since I had it already. I have to say, I kind of liked it. I was unsure of how to apply it to my cheeks but I put some on my fingers and just blotted and blended until I was happy with the finished look. I did the same for my eyes and lips and out the door I went. Here is a picture of me in my car waiting ti pick my girls up from school.
Not the best picture but it's what I have : )


So I have to say, for this month, I am completely happy with my Birchbox selections and may be making a few purchases : )


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment