Monday, July 13, 2009

Princess Room Makeover finished!

Lila on her new bed.

Princess corner
Cecilia on her bean bag chair.
This is Cecilia looking around her new room...
Lila's new big girl bed!
Cecilia's new bed.



So, I know it has been a while but I am finally here to catch you up on the everlasting Princess Room Makeover. After a week and a half and a little bit of help from just about everyone, the Princess room is finally DONE!!!!!! It took a lot longer than I had anticipated but it was totally worth it. I finished the room and waited fro Daddy to be home the next day before letting the girls see it for the first time. Tommy and I went in and added some finishing touches, took some pictures and we were ready for the girls to see their new room. I think that we may have been more excited than they were! We were all set up with the video camera and the regular camera and we let the girls come running in and their reaction was.......totally anticlimactic!!!!!!! Cecilia just kind of looked around without saying much of anything and Lila didn't really know what to make of it all. I was a little bummed after all of the time and sweat that I put into making it the perfect princess room. However, after a few minutes went by, Cecilia come up to me and gave me a hug and quietly said, "Thank you for giving me a princess room, Mommy." That was pretty much all I needed to hear...that made everything worth it! They love their new room and Lila LOVES sleeping in her big girl bed. We did, unfortunately, loose a bean bag chair already. Lila woke up one morning and sat on it and peed right through her pull up all over the bean bag chair. Those of you that have had a bean bag chair know that you just can't come back from that, so less than a week into it, we had our first fatality and the chair is in the garbage!

No comments:

Post a Comment