Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh how time flies!

I cannot believe how quickly times goes by. I have been so bad at keeping up with posts on here. I am really going to try to get better at this, I swear!!! Since July things have been kind of status quo, which is great with three kids! After the cancellation of Lila's party we just took some time to get healthy. Everyone recovered and we had a good rest of the month. August came so quickly and found us getting ready for dance registration for the fall. I decided to not start Lila this year and give her more time to grow up a bit. I am still considering putting Emma in a gymnastics class in addition to her dance class next year. We'll see. Cecilia and Emma will both be dancing again and I will still be teaching a few classes. We also took another vacation in the beginning of the month. In fact, we just got back on Friday. We had a wonderful time in Massanutten, VA. Ahnie and Mazzie made baskets, stepping stones and glass sun-catchers, Ahnie and Tommy played in a poker tournament, Tommy had a well deserved massage, Mazzie and I had manicures and pedicures and Ahnie had a pedicure. Pop-Pop played basketball, went swimming and hung out with his grandkids. We all went to the waterpark and had a BLAST! The kids just loved it and we all played and played. It was a very relaxing, enjoyable vacation. It was sad to come home, I think we all wanted to stay another week (or more!). Of course, we thought we were going to take a trip to the emergency room on Tuesday night. Cecilia fell while walking out to the car after dinner and her hand was swollen and she was not doing well. After bringing her home, we put some ice on it and decided that it was just badly bruised and not broken...thank GOD!!!!! On Thursday night, the night before we left to come home, Emma started running a fever. She continued to run a fever and not sleep and not eat until Sunday afternoon when I decided to take her to the ER here at home. This was a decision I really struggled with because I don't want to be one of those hysterical parents who takes their kid to the ER for every little cough or bump. But we decided that rather than bothering our family doctor on a Sunday afternoon we would try the ER. They were wonderful to us and even gave Emma a popsicle. Turns out she has strep throat. They gave her a good dose of Tylenol (her fever was up to 104.6) and her first dose of antibiotics at the hospital and sent us on our way with a prescription. Oh well, at least we know what is wrong with her for now. She actually is scheduled to go to the dermatologist tomorrow for her eczema and alopecia. I will let you know what they say!
On a good note, we came home to a letter from Cecilia's school about dates for visitation and orientation. She starts actual class on September 9th. I can't believe my baby is going to preschool already. However, at moments like this right now, when all three of my girls are screaming and or crying, I kinda wish they could all start school this year : ) Why don't they have a school for 1 year olds???

No comments:

Post a Comment