Friday, June 26, 2009

Another Day

It's been a long month here at the Shafnisky house! June brought us Relay For Life, and it was awesome...just a lot to prepare for and of course DRAMA! I will not go into that, let's just leave it as a great event and we raised almost $131,000! This weekend brings us the dance recital. Yesterday was rehearsal and it was LONG. Of course, we ran over schedule and had a few problems along the way but all in all it was a pretty good day. Today is a day off before the two shows on Saturday. Lots to do and I am feeling the pressure of it all. I seemed to have completely mangled the program for this year and therefore made some people unhappy but I guess I am human and mistakes get made, I just don't like being the person making them.

Why does it seem like just when you are at your most stressed out and can't seem to handle much more of anything, your children choose taht day or that week to stop listening. It is truly like they cannot hear your voice. It doesn't seem to matter if I am saying, "stop hitting your sister!", "com over here right now!" or "Hey guys, Mommy has fruit snacks.". They just tune me right out. I think the part that bothers me the most is that when Daddy speaks, my girls jump! Why is that? Why do they listen to him and not to me? Even getting them dressed inthe morning is a chore anymore. My 4 year old and I clash over what she is going to wear almost on a daily basis. The littlest one just wants to run away from me whenever I try to change her clothes. Only the 3 year old seems to cooperate when getting dressed. I guess I am just venting right now. I love my girlies more thatn anything and they really are good girls. I just need to take a deep breath, relax and remember that they are just kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment