Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Where does time go?

Here it is, Wednesday already. My how the time just seems to be rushing by so quickly! It is only 2 more days until our Relay For Life and I am really getting excited. Things seem to be going well and everything is under control...for now. I am sure that there will be some kind of unexpected hiccup but that is ok. I am please with my run as chair so far. I have had a wonderful experience and am looking forward to doing it again next year. If any of you are in the area and want to stop by the Relay is this Friday and Saturday, June 13 and 14th from 12:00 noon to 12:00 noon at Metzgar Field in Forks township. Come out and help us raise money for the American Cancer Society.

Today is Dad's (Don) last official day of work. He only had to be there until 10:30. I'm sure it was a bittersweet morning but now he can look forward to the days of doing whatever he wants to do, not what he has to do. My Dad (Barry) retired a year ago and seems to be loving it. Ah, the days of nothing to do and no kids to look after! Will I ever make it to those days?

Our girls are doing very well in this heat. We have stayed inside a lot lately. On Sunday we went swimming at Aunt Debbie's house. They were a little unsure and the water was pretty cold so they didn't like that at all! I tried to take them swimming in their little pool in our year but there was too much "dirt" in it for them. They may be a little OCD when it comes to dirt. Today we are going to take Dad to lunch and then maybe do some light shopping for the weekend...we'll see where the wind takes us...

No comments:

Post a Comment