Thursday, June 5, 2008

It takes a village...

Have you wondered how you are going to get through another day without help? That is exactly how I am feeling lately. Maybe I'm just not as good at time management as I once was or at least as I thought I was. My "normal" (nothing is ever normal with 1, 2, and 3 year olds!) day seems to slip by so quickly I hardly have enough time to breathe let alone get something actually accomplished! I suppose that things will get easier as the children get older and a bit more independent, it is hard to do things when you have someone clinging to your leg or one child or another screaming every 30 seconds (literally every 30 seconds...I've timed it) You find it difficult to feel like you accomplish anything in a day. Right now, I have my 3 girls plus Relay For Life in a week, dance recital 2 weeks after that, I'm taking a graduate class and I have a husband and a house to take care of. How do mother's do it all and still remain sane? I am asked that question often, "How do you do it?" I say, "I don't" and I mean that quite literally. Sometimes I have great days where I feel like SuperMom! Those days are few and far between though. Most days I either feel like I may be close to losing my mind or I just don't do it alone...I have a secret weapon! I have HELP. I learned not to be afraid to ask for help when you need it, even when raising your own children. I have an extremely supportive husband who takes the kids when Mommy needs a break or time out of the house. I also have parents and a sister who only live a few blocks away and are always ready to help and babysit whenever they are asked. I am a very lucky lady who has a wonderfully supportive family as well as a support system of friends. I have heard the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child," and now I completely understand it! No one believes in that more than I!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment