Monday, December 10, 2012

Work, work, work

As if life in our house isn't crazy enough, I have recently undertaken a new task each week.

I have been a stay at home Mom since the birth of our second daughter, almost 7 years ago. I love it! I love every precious little second that I get to spend with my girlies. I am incredibly thankful that my husband works as hard as he does so that I am able to be at every school function, every parent/teacher conference, every play date...every everything! It has been a dream. But life has a way of getting really expensive with a family of 6, So,about a year or so ago I started doing some work for Tommy at night after the kids were in bed. I would work from about 8 until I was done, some nights that was 9 and some nights it was 11:30 but it was all good. Well, Tommy has been working and working and growing his business and has decided he needs some help in the office. So, I am now working from home at night, not every night maybe only 2-3 times a week, AND I am helping in the office 2 days a week part time. I drop the girls off at school, the baby at my Mom and Dad's house and off to work I go. I work until I have to leave to pick the kids up from school and then all of the afternoon activities begin. For those two days, it is nonstop motion, nonstop going and nonstop craziness. Which leads me to  my point.
Mommies...we ALL work extremely hard at what we do. It is, without a doubt, the most rewarding but most difficult job in the world. There are so many days that I feel like I do not have a clue what I am doing with my poor girls and that they will be facing a lifetime of therapy because of me. And then there are days where I finally begin to feel like I have it all under control...which is usually followed by one of those aforementioned days of self-doubt. But everyday, I get up again and start all over knowing that I really am doing the very best that I can be doing for them. But to all of the Mommies that work from home or outside of the home (and by work I mean work at something other than raising our children) I am in complete awe of you. I have no idea how you do it! I am run ragged by the end of the day and feel like I just ran a marathon. And forget about dinner. There is no way I could possibly cook on those days. Not necessarily only because there is legitimately NO TIME to do anything between picking up from school, doing homework and running out the door for our next activity but because I couldn't possibly muster the energy or desire to actually be responsible for making them something to eat that is actually good for them.
It has to get easier, right?
I mean, I'm sure eventually I will get the hang of this and I will get us in to some kind of routine or system of some kind and maybe, just maybe, I will dust off my pots and pans and cook for my family again...something other than hot dogs, pizza or macaroni and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment