Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Birchbox - November

So, I received my November Birchbox and unfortunately, I have to say that I was less than impressed. This makes me kind of sad because I always look forward to getting the Birchbox and seeing what great stuff it holds for me! This month was lackluster to say the least (in my very humble opinion). Oh well, maybe the December box will be better!

Here is what it contained...


 As you can probably see, this is a cupcake bath bomb. I haven't used it yet but I can tell you that it was crumbled in the box and left a dusting on everything else in there. Maybe, sometime in the future, I might get to enjoy some quiet time and I will give this a try ; )



I tried this a few times on both freshly washed and dried hair and on 1 day dirty hair. I read and followed the directions on the can but I didn't really notice any difference. Hmph.




If you have read my blog before, then you probably know how I feel about mascara. I don't think I could really live without the stuff. It is my make-up essential!!!! I was super excited to find a full size new mascara in the box...but disappointed once I used it. My very first thought when I was applying it was that it was VERY dry! It took many, many coats of this mascara to look like I had anything on at all. Once I put on a few dozen coats of it, it looked nice but I need something with a quick and easy application.




I did really like this perfume sample. It was fresh and light and was a nice change to what I usually wear. Even Tommy liked it!

 


This was also included but I don't usually mess with a good thing...chocolate is a good thing so there is really no need in my eyes to add anything to it. It is pretty much delicious enough on its own (in the interest of full disclosure I do enjoy peanut M&Ms as well as a Hershey bar with almonds and chocolate and peanut butter...but who can resist chocolate and peanut butter?) Anyway, the popping and exploding was what ultimately turned me off of this. I didn't even try it but I might see if I can find someone brave enough to give it a shot.


This little pouch was in th box as well and you are supposed to use it to give someone else a gift (since it was November and the theme was about giving) I will be saving this little number for Christmas! Kind of makes you wish your name was on my Christmas list, doesn't it??? hee hee hee

 


Thanks for reading!

Talk soon,
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment